Thursday, February 21, 2008

for all of those who read this...




I know not many read this but every now and then I like to post my thoughts. Well I had my third baby, Aubree May Darling Shaw. she is a darling and by far the best newborn I've had, not that I don't love them all she's just such a a contented baby. Dale and I have said If we knew they would all be this good we would have 2 more (Dale says 4 more, but not bloody likely). Problem is, you have no guarantee what they are going to be like. I was reading my cousin Rhonda'a blog and she had this questionaore which I found interesting so here goes:


Motherhood Questions


Typical time of wake-up:

between 8 and 9, that's not counting all of the feeding times with Aubree during the night which is usually twice, sometimes 3:00AM , then 5:45AM. I'm trying to get rid of those.



How long you have been a momma:

3 years and 23 months

How many times have you been a new mom:

3 times

How old were you when you became a mom (is this to personal?):

23, almost 24

Favorite Kids show:

mine or them?
Mine is Sesame Street all the way
Geneva's is Super Why
Jonah's is Transformers the old ones that he watches with Dad on youtube
Aubree's is anything with lights, so Ellen, or the news, or anything really.

Least Favorite Kids show:

Raggs

Favorite chore:

sweeping and mopping. Not to say that I do it as often as I should, organizing can be fun once I get into it, but really honestly favorite chore? isnt' that and oxymoron???


Least favorite chore:

cleaning up kid's #2 accidents in their pants.

Meal you cook most often:

Spaghetti, Ling Lings, meatloaf lately, roasts on sunday. hard question because I like to switch it up a lot.

Kids favorite meal:

macaroni and cheese, chicken noodle soup, peanut butter and jam, McDonalds Happy Meals

5 things that make you smile when you are being a mom:

1. the cute thing as Jonah and Geneva say, like "you are the best mom I ever had" or geneva's Latest" What the heck?" ( I wonder where she learned that?)
2. When Jonah gets dressed and put his jeans on backwards, and when you call him on it he said he meant to do that
3. Aubree smiles so easily even if you just talk to her , even when she's crying you camn calm her down so easily with just a little attention.
4. Kids singing Geneva sing " we will, we will, rockem"(rock you). Or Jonah's version of Brass Monkey by the Beastie Boys "splash monkey, funky monkey"
5. Hearing them pray

Favorite thing your husband does with your kids:

Playing outside , Wrestlemania (I've got an awsome video I should post on here that shows them in action)

Last time you went out with no kids:
Rare to have none because Aubree goes everywhere with me, but I left the other two to go shopping for a couple of hours last saturday.

If you could take your kids anywhere where would it be:

Back to the waterpark, they love the water it...better yet To Hawaii, now that would be and even warmer waterpark.

Favorite pastime/activity with kids:

playing toys cars, barbies, blocks whatever, I like to play toys too, when I take the time

1 thing you said you would never do when you were a mom:

put my baby in bed with a bottle (huge no no I know)


If you had an afternoon to yourself what would you do?

scrapbook and sleep, not necessarily in that order

1 thing you do that your mom did & now you do:

bite my lip or cheek when I feel really frustrated or angry at the situation (my sisters would laugh at this because they remember my mom doing this)



Favorite quality of your own mom:

Patience, and always giving us validation

Favorite kids book:

Where the Wild Things are

Best advice for a new mom:

just realize that newborn babies cry... that's just what they do...that's how they communicate. With my 1st an 2nd I would get uptight at hearing them cry, but now with my 3rd I've chilled out about it and not taken it personally.

Scariest or most heartbreaking moment as a mom:

Jonah getting burned on his hand and there was nothing I could do to take that pain away. Burns hurt alot.

Most joyful moment as a mom:

When they first lay that baby on your chest after they are born.

Last time your child told you they love you:

yesterday from Jonah. I love how it will come randomly when he feels it

Last time you said I love you to your kid:

Right now


I love all three of them so much, It is a great feeling to know I am exactly where i want to be in life right now.
That is being a mama

1 comment:

Jess said...

Hey Sara,
Congrats on the new baby. I love your litte entry. You are an awesome Mom!!!! Have a great day!